Updated 6th January 2021
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Full name
- Contact telephone number
- Contact email address
- Billing and shipping addresses
- For sub-contractors only: unique tax reference, National Insurance number, date of birth
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- For clients: In order to provide you with our services, and the associated paperwork relating to such services (quotations, invoices and receipts)
- For sub-contractors: To register you as one of our sub-contractors with the HRMC Construction Industry Scheme
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to contact you, enter your details on our accounting system, and provide our services.
We do not share your information with any third parties.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored via encrypted Cloud-based systems.
We keep your personal information for 6 years. We will then dispose your information by way of deletion from our Cloud-based systems.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us via email at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113